Data Leadership Lessons Podcast
by Algmin Data Leadership
Data is the future of our businesses, and technology is just a small part of it. Data Leadership is how we'll help our businesses make the most of data. The Data Leadership Lessons podcast brings you the people, stories, and lessons to help you become a Data Leader.
If you are looking for a dry technology podcast, look elsewhere! Join us today and make a greater impact in the success of your organization.
Subscribe Wherever You Get Your Podcasts
Scott Taylor, “The Data Whisperer,” Data Storytelling, and Puppets – Episode 15
This week we talk with Scott Taylor, also known as “The Data Whisperer.” Scott is a globally recognized thought leader and a consultant on the strategic value of proper data management. As Principal of MetaMeta Consulting, he provides Data Evangelism-as-a-Service to help enterprises and tech brands tell their data story by focusing on the WHY of business alignment rather than the HOW of technical implementation. He lives in Bridgeport, CT where he often kayaks in Black Rock harbor. He can also juggle pins and blow a square bubble.
We discuss how data storytelling is important to gain funding for initiatives, and why the data management community struggles getting the message across to the business. He shares some wisdom about how to craft effective stories, and even why he uses puppets on his YouTube channel.
DATAVERSITY Articles mentioned in the show:
– Data Management has Failed! And Presented Us a Historic Opportunity – https://www.dataversity.net/data-management-has-failed-and-presented-us-an-historic-opportunity/
– Data Management Hasn’t Failed, but Data Management Storytelling Has – https://www.dataversity.net/data-management-hasnt-failed-but-data-management-storytelling-has/
For more information about Scott:
– LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottmztaylor/
– The Data Whisperer YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQ1YhjNqc77GVsb3Xs4tvw
– Too Much Tech Talk? (A puppet service announcement) – https://youtu.be/_JQ3HriEK0E
– Using the 3Vs of Big (Data) Storytelling: Vocabulary, Voice and Vision – https://issuu.com/infogovworld/docs/igw_vol_2_issue_2
– MetaMeta Consulting – https://www.metametaconsulting.com/
For more about Data Leadership Lessons:
– Subscribe to the audio version of Data Leadership Lessons wherever you get your podcasts
– Subscribe to the video playlist on YouTube
– Become a Data Leader at algmin.com
Be a Guest on the Show
If you'd like to share how you are using data to make an impact, fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com. We are always looking for guests who are experts in data management topics, business leaders putting data to use, or folks just getting started that would like to discuss their unique challenges. We believe everyone has a story worth hearing.