About Algmin Data Leadership
Algmin Data Leadership is a data leadership advocacy business focused on helping people and organizations make the most of their data. The primary mission is to develop data leaders through related content, training, and advisory services.
As a "single-shingle" consultancy, I am the originator of all intellectual property and the delivery lead for all client engagements. Whereas larger firms struggle to maintain quality levels amongst their many consultants, Algmin Data Leadership ensures every client gets the best I have to offer. I would love to help you on your data leadership journey.
Anthony Algmin – Qualifications Summary
Anthony J. Algmin has built a career synonymous with data leadership. He has led strategic transformations in many industries as a management consultant, data architect, program lead, Chief Data Officer, and founder/entrepreneur. Anthony wrote the first published book specifically on data leadership, has made hundreds of public speaking appearances, and produces a data leadership podcast with over 10,000 subscribers on YouTube.
Anthony provides custom corporate training programs in data leadership and related topics and is one of the most popular trainers at the online DATAVERSITY Training Center and conferences. He is known for his passionate, energetic style, and letting nothing get in the way of delivering the power of data to those who need it. Before consulting, training, and thought leadership activities became his focus, Anthony spent over a decade in the financial industry building data-driven systems and high-performance teams. His technical foundations helped him develop a uniquely pragmatic approach to strategic, implementation, and transformation efforts.
Anthony earned a bachelor’s degree from Illinois Wesleyan University and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management. His personal interests include data-friendly activities like electric vehicles, gaming, auto racing, and other sports. Anthony lives with his wife and three children in suburban Chicago. He would like to get a dog someday.
- Anthony has more than twenty years of data and technology systems development and implementation.
- Anthony has led data governance and operational data management transformations in multiple industries as a consultant and employee, delivering real value to the business while helping teams build core skills through leading by example and establishing training programs.
- Anthony has hands-on technical abilities coupled with a strong business focus and deep understanding of data strategy and management. These skills combine to help Anthony explain and optimize the behaviors of complex data, technology, and human systems.
- Anthony has designed and programmed multiple end-to-end data lifecycle and operations systems including a fully-serverless, event-driven, multi-client engine in Amazon Web Services.
- As the Chief Data Officer at Chicago Transit Authority, Anthony achieved a 100x performance improvement and 90% cost reduction for core data analytics systems using cloud technologies.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Anthony put his independent business on hold, taking a full-time leadership position with a major pharmaceutical organization transforming their research and development department with data and knowledge analytics. The technology platform Anthony’s team built has already led to breakthroughs impacting lives.
- Multi-industry experience: Consulting, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Education, Insurance, Healthcare, Public Sector, Marketing, Media, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Anthony is currently developing, with a mainstream book publisher, a data leadership book for the general business market with an expected release in early 2024.
- Anthony’s “Data Leadership for Everyone” podcast is among the top data podcasts, with over 10,000 YouTube subscribers.
- A popular public speaker, Anthony has given keynotes, conference sessions, and taught educational programs throughout the US and Europe.